Job Title: Ranger
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Rangers are responsible for all aspects of routine maintenance and assist in emergency maintenance for the entire camp.
Essential Job Functions
- Upkeep the sanitation and hygiene of the entire camp.
- Elimination and upkeep of trash around camp.
- Deep cleaning and sanitization of cabins after camping groups leave camp.
- Daily cleaning and sanitization of all bathroom facilities.
- Maintain toilet paper and paper towels campus wide.
- Assist permanent maintenance staff in duties.
- Assist in the implementation of maintenance projects as they arise.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in all program areas.
- Work with camp staff to address concerns from daily checks of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Assist in minor maintenance repairs.
- Ability to assist permanent maintenance staff in plumbing repairs.
- Ability to assist permanent maintenance staff in construction and/or repairs.
Other Job Duties
- Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all camp staff.
- Ability to self-manage and complete a list of tasks.
- High school education, limited background in minor household repairs, and housekeeping skills.
- Ability to be on call for emergency maintenance situations as they arise.
- Ability to read a measuring tape.
- Have basic knowledge of tools and function of tools.
- Ability to take direction and learn new skillset.
Physical Aspects of the Position
- Ability to communicate and work with permanent maintenance staff to do assigned tasks.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds periodically.
- Operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and varying weather conditions.