Job Title: Kitchen Staff
Classification: Seasonal (Fall, Summer, Spring), Paid and Onsite Housing
Reports to: Head Chef
To assist the Head Chef in preparing and serving nutritious meals and in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen and dishwashing area.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the daily operations of the camp food service.
- Assist in the preparation of food as the menu indicates including washing and peeling.
- Set up food, supplies, and utensils for dining hall distribution.
- Store food and leftovers at proper temperature.
- Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment.
- Clean and maintain all food preparation and storage areas.
- Wash all dishes, serving and preparation equipment, and utensils according to regulated washing methods and temperatures.
- Reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle as indicated through the camp’s procedures.
- Assist in the preparation and packaging of food for use outside the camp dining hall.
- Work with cooks and other staff in reviewing pack out requests to ensure adequate and accurate amounts and variety.
- Prepare and store pack out food according to camp and health code procedures.
- Advise staff on equipment or preparation materials needed for identified menu choices.
Other Job Duties
- Contribute to verbal and written evaluations and communication as requested.
- Assist in housekeeping of cabin facilities in addition to kitchen upkeep.
- Assist in the planning of any special events in dining hall or other camp areas.
- Convection Oven
- Flat top
- Tilt Skillet
- Desire to work in the food service area.
- Knowledge of food preparation and serving, storage of food, and dishwashing procedures is preferred.
Physical Aspects of the Job
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds including unloading food, carrying trays of dishes, lifting supplies and equipment as needed.
- Visual ability to identify and respond to environmental hazards.
- Physical ability to operate kitchen equipment according to safe recommended methods.
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
- Determine cleanliness of dishes, food surfaces, and kitchen area.